10 Hadiths of Imam al-Jawad (AS) are presented below.
- Every believer needs three qualities: grace from Allah Almighty, a preacher inside himself, and acceptance of the advice of others.
- Avoid the friendship of evil people, because an evil person is like a poisonous sword which looks beautiful yet its effects are ugly and dangerous.
- He who does not know how to step into a way, will be devastated when stepping out.
- The dignity of the believer lies in his disinterest towards the riches of others.
- Anyone interested in a speaker will be his servant, so if the speaker spoke of Allah he would be Allah’s servant, and if the speaker spoke on behalf of Satan he would be Satan’s servant.
- Had the ignorant chosen to be silent, people would not be divided by dissension.
- Anyone who praised an ugly deed [or word] would have a share in it.
- A servant of Allah would never find the truth of faith until he preferred the rulings of his religion over his desires, and he would never be succumb until he preferred his desires to the rulings of his religion.
- Three qualities will make you adored by others: fairness when treating them, commiseration with their distress, and seeking a spiritual heart.
- Repentance would be accepted by four signs: feeling regret at heart, seeking forgiveness by tongue (Istighfar), seeking compensation through deeds, and a serious decision not to repeat the sin.