Imamzadeh Saleh is one of many imamzadeh mosques in Iran. The mosque is located at Tajrish Square in Tehran’s northern Shemiran district. The mosque entombs the remains of Saleh, a son of the Shia Imam, Musa al-Kadhim, and is one of the most popular Shia shrines in northern Tehran.
The shrine dates back to the 13th century. The 700 year-old structure with 50 square meter area includes a large rectangular building with thick walls. The shrine was renovated during Qaja Dynasty when new tiling and mural paintings were employed in the interior design of the structure.
New dome and minarets are built and new facilities like a library, bookstore, and parking areas are provided in the site.
The spacious courtyard of Imamzadeh Saleh’s and his shrine is one of the largest and most magnificent ones in Iran and Shia world and attracts many enthusiasts and pilgrims from various countries like Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Lebanon.
The main mausoleum building includes a large rectangular building with thick walls and solid inner space of almost 5. 6 square meters. In the year 700 AH Imam Zadeh Saleh there is an inscription that appears in the repair and alteration of entries has gone according to which the Kingdom of Ghazan Khan was at the same time. Imam Zadeh Saleh large wooden box inside the tomb probably belonged to the era of the late Safavid or Afsharid dynasties. Silver enshrine the eastern and north-eastern and western sides have netted enclosure is decorated with silver and wood lattice south side of the endowment of the late Mr. Mirza Saeed khan foreign minister late Qajar. The shrine is located on the north side entrance porch and the porch of the sanctuary, the tablet is rectangular adobe tile on its history in 1210 AH and the name of Fath-Ali Shah Qajar has been engraved on it.